Serve and Volley Tips
Some Top Tips For serve and volley
First players should understand that even if you are a baseliner it is good to practice serve and volley occasionally to give variety to your game. Whether you are a net rusher or a baseliner coming to the net can catch your opponent out, reduces their time and a good back up plan if you are down and need to find different way to win.
- Aim for control and consistency over power. Good first serve percentage.
- Big strides to get forward. Doubles go in a straight line forward. Singles go to the middle of shift out wide on a wide serve
- Ready position and / or split step on the returners hit
- Shoulder turn on the volley and contact infront
- close the net after the first volley