October 13, 2020 In Uncategorized
Intercepting in Doubles
This week we are working on intercepting in doubles. The best doubles pairs look to win at the net rather than baseline. With correct movement patterns and decision making you can win more points with these simple steps…
- Intercept by moving diagonally unless high balls where you have to move back.
- Use to simples steps by leading with you nearest foot to the ball then step across with the trailing leg
- Turn you shoulders when you can towards the ball as you move with the racket head up for a potential high or low ball.
- For a low ball interception swing high to low with a open racket face to get the ball up. more backspin gives you more control less spin gives you more power.
- Position yourself halfway between the service line and net for rally balls. Move to the service line when defending.
- Position yourself in the middle of the box for a normal cross court ball from you partner
- Change you position 1m either way for a wide ball of a ball down the middle
- For lobs move to the middle to to finish and towards the net
- Aim for the volleys feet or into the space . Rally volleys just aim deep and keep the ball low